- Electric Ferry design and delivery
- Play your part in building “a better ferry future”
- Auckland, New Zealand based
EV Maritime is a New Zealand cleantech design, engineering, and technology company specialising in zero-emission vessels for the inshore commercial maritime industry, starting with ferries. Initially established in 2017 as part of the internationally renowned New Zealand shipyard McMullen & Wing, they are now an independent entity, focused on helping boat builders around the world develop the production and manufacturing of electric boats. Currently, they have two fully electric fast ferries under construction for Auckland Transport.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for both the naval architecture and successful delivery of all EV Maritime’s key projects. As someone who has deep marine industry experience and has established a sound reputation for successful project delivery you will need to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Relevant design experience with a background in Naval Architecture with Small Craft Experience
- Strong commercial experience with a proven project management track record in leading, planning and delivering successful maritime projects
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with the intellect and wherewithal to strive for continual design improvement and efficiencies
- Successful management of high performing consultant teams who can quickly win the confidence of the design team, all of whom are niche specialists
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and someone who can quickly build trust
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills including the development and presentation of sound business cases and contribution to Board reports.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in the field of Maritime Engineering/Naval Architecture
This is a very exciting time to be joining the team at EV Maritime who have an extensive project pipeline in place. In a relatively short time they have established the reputation as a successful marine and technology business fully focused on decarbonising the global inshore maritime sector.
For further information in strict confidence, please contact Tim Rosenberg on 0292 732 264, or apply by submitting your CV with a Cover Letter expanding on your interest and suitability for this position quoting ref 3670128.