- Making significant contribution to positive health outcomes
- Fundraising at the core of the role
- Wellington based
Wellington Hospitals Foundation is a Registered Charitable Trust. The Foundation was incorporated in 2005 and is the Official Charity for the hospitals and health services operated by Te Whatu Ora – Capital, Coast, Hutt Valley (CCHV) – (formerly Capital & Coast District Health Board (CCDHB). (Namely Wellington Regional Hospital, Te Wao Nui Childrens Hospital and services Kenpuru and Hutt Hospitals) The Foundation was formed to raise funds to benefit hospital patients and staff of CCHV which are unable to be funded by the Government and/or the CCHV.
The Foundation is the independent public face of Te Whatu Ora – CCHV hospitals services and providing an independent and accountable avenue for the community to assist their hospitals and health services. In addition to raising funds from the community, the Foundation also operates Te Whatu Ora – CCHV hospitals Volunteer Service and the Foundation’s Gift Shop in Wellington Regional Hospital.
As a proven Chief Executive, or General Manager, you will bring significant experience within the fundraising discipline. You will have strong commercial nous and ideally a background in the not-for-profit or charity sectors, with a good understanding of what motivates professionals in that environment. You will illustrate that you are someone who not only comprehends the enormous value the organisation brings to enhance the services of CCHV hospitals, but just as importantly can demonstrate empathy and compassion, with the passion and determination to take the lead in making a difference to the health and well-being of our community.
As a connector and an influencer, you will need to have a proven and successful track record in leading innovation, entrepreneurial thinking and turning challenges into opportunity. This is an organisation that has strong vision and strategy and one that very much believes that measurable and tangible outcomes are delivered from strategic initiatives. Whilst there are a number of key priority fundraising projects in place, the Board genuinely wishes to be challenged with robust and well-structured ideas and initiatives.
You will have a background that demonstrates:
- connected, transparent and inspirational “leadership”, determined to grow and maximise the potential of talented staff who work closely together for the outcomes required
- superior communication and relationship management skills. While utilised internally every day, the opportunity to enhance relationships at the most senior levels of key stakeholder groups is crucial in order to maximise the potential for the Foundation to broaden its sphere of influence and contribution
- strong capability in developing and enhancing strategy that achieves measurable outcomes. Possessing the agility to ensure there are always improvement options for the organisation to consider
- experience in the health sector would be advantageous as is experience within a not-for-profit and/or charity based or related environment. This is important in establishing credibility with both staff, and a wide variety of stakeholders
- understanding of, and commitment to, the Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
SWR are fortunate to partner with Wellington Hospitals Foundation in sourcing the Chief Executive for this outstanding organisation and its staff, where you will be supported by a genuinely engaged, empathetic and clearsighted Board.
Applications close 5pm 4th December 2023.
Please email your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference no. 3719245. For further information in strictest confidence or to receive a copy of the Candidate Information Pack, please contact Graeme Sandri on 029 248 8502 or Tony Walsh on 029 271 1101.