Lead the team at Hikoikoi Management Limited to support the Trustees in the ongoing and effective management of the Iwi’s wide and extensive development portfolios.
- Critical leadership role
- Positive commercial and community impact
- Broad skillset utilised
Hikoikoi Management Limited is the management company for the Wellington Tenths Trust & the Palmerston North Māori Land Reserve Trust, these “sister trusts” being responsible for protecting and growing their Iwi assets on behalf of, and for, their present and future generations. As such they have extensive property portfolios’ which include significant holdings in Wellington and Palmerston North, being expanded primarily through prudent property development.
Reporting directly to the Chairs, and Trustees, you will lead the team at Hikoikoi Management Limited to support the Trustees in the ongoing and effective management of the Iwi’s wide and extensive development portfolios.
While having a core responsibility for the management group, you must have an entrepreneurial nature, constantly seeking opportunity for the Trusts, able to produce and present credible options and associated business cases.
While playing a critical part in the commercial management and developmental aspects, it is imperative that you comprehend and genuinely empathise with Iwi that the Trustees represent, who are the owners, and have broad societal, cultural, environmental and political drivers to ensure their whānau are holistically cared for, not just from a commercial perspective.
As someone who has established a sound reputation, ideally associated with property development delivery in the New Zealand market you will also need to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Commitment to understanding and immersing themselves in the vision, tikanga and values that underpin everything the two, intrinsically linked Trusts, do.
- A proven leader who has successfully built and managed high performing teams.
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills including the development and presentation of sound business cases and contribution to Board.
- A senior leader who brings strong commercial experience with a track record in leading, planning and delivery of commercial and/or residential development.
- Significant budget responsibility skills.
- Comfortable in dealing with local communities, and where necessary, the media.
This is an exciting time to be joining Hikoikoi Management Limited and the associated Trusts. Their development pipeline is full, they have strong JV partners, and an expanding sphere of influence.
However, there is the significant benefit of knowing that your contribution is also making a real difference to the well-being of the associated owners/whānau.
An attractive remuneration package, together with the opportunity to join an organisation committed to increasing value for future generations makes this a rare opportunity.
For further information in strict confidence, please email your CV with Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 3190667 or contact Tony Walsh on 029 271-1101 or Graeme Sandri on 029 248-8502.