- Critical property development management role
- Active Development portfolio
- Auckland based
Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Whai Rawa Limited is a multi-faceted company responsible for protecting and growing their iwi assets on behalf and for their present and future generations. As such it has an extensive property portfolio that includes significant holdings across Auckland which is being expanded through prudent property development.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Property, you will take responsibility for the leadership and management of a major residential development programme that Whai Rawa is about to embark on with particular focus on one major site. You will also be exposed to and assist in the delivery of a number of other existing and new development opportunities that are being considered.
As someone who has established a sound reputation for successful property development delivery in the New Zealand market you will need to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Sound understanding and strong commitment to Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei’s vision, tikanga and values that underpins everything they do.
- Strong commercial experience with a proven track record of achievement in leading, planning and delivering large-scale residential development.
- A strong technical knowledge across the full development life-cycle including initial feasibility analysis, procurement, construction contract management, master-planning, consenting, JV negotiations, sales and marketing.
- Successfully management of high performing consultant teams.
- Significant budget responsibility skills.
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills including the development and presentation of sound business cases and contribution to Board reports.
- Experience with and comfortable in dealing with local communities and where necessary the media.
This is an exciting time to be joining the excellent team at Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Whai Rawa. There is an extensive development pipeline with funding in place. Although we are looking for a Senior Development Manager, Development Managers, looking to step-up to a more senior role, will also be considered. An attractive remuneration package, together with the opportunity to join an organisation committed to increasing value for future generations makes this a rare opportunity.
For further information in strict confidence, please contact Tim Rosenberg on 0292 732 264, or Nicole Walkinshaw on 021 027 83856, or apply by submitting your CV with a Cover Letter expanding on your interest and suitability for this position quoting ref. 3294352.
Due to current border restrictions from the New Zealand government, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are a New Zealand citizen, resident or already have secured the right to work in New Zealand and hold a valid visa.