- Providing contract and procurement expertise
- Dynamic envrionment
- Critical to Wellingtons public transport infrastructure
Every day we have thousands of people travelling with Metlink (across rail, bus, harbour ferry and Total Mobility) and every one of those journeys matters to us. Our role is to plan, develop, promote and deliver public transport services and supporting infrastructure in the Wellington region. Our goal is to be more than just a public transport service, we want to be a symbol of pride for the Wellington region, an integral part of what makes living in our region great.
The Senior Contracts Advisor will contribute to the development and renegotiation of timely, cost-effective and high-quality contracts. You will assist all Metlink Managers’ to minimise Metlink’s exposure to commercial and/or contractual risks professionally and ethically, by drafting commercially sound contracts and mitigating any risks that are identified during the management of the contracts.
You will have the support of the Greater Wellington Legal and Procurement team and alongside them you will contribute to the development of strategies for the procurement of Metlink’s needs to assist cost reduction targets and value creation.
Key components to the role include:
- Supporting all parts of Metlink with expert Contract advice.
- Leading complex contract and procurement negotiations on behalf of Metlink
- Developing frameworks across Metlink that provide robust systems and process to the group in relation to contract and procurement management.
- Mentoring staff across Metlink with regards their needs covering these disciplines.
As a result, you will have:
- Strong, proven experience in procurement and contract management.
- Highly desirable, some form of legal/contracts experience, with appropriate tertiary qualification.
- An absolute dedication to team contribution, readily and willingly providing expert advice, in plain English, to all those who will utilise such, particularly around contracts.
- The ability to forge relationships, internal and external, to maximise any interactions you have and/or lead.
- Some form of involvement in transport would be advantageous.
Here is your chance to make a real and significant difference, organisationally, environmentally and for the enormously diverse range of representative communities.
Greater Wellington values diversity and is committed to an inclusive, flexible, and supportive workplace. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds and welcome the unique talent and experience you will bring to our team.
To apply for this opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the lives of those in the Greater Wellington region, on a daily basis, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, quoting reference number 3567880.
If you wish to discuss further, please contact Tony on (029 2711101).
Applications close: 15th March 2023.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.