- Key new role with broad remit across stakeholders
- Rail centric, with network wide impact
- Development and delivery of integrated Projects
Every day we have thousands of people travelling with Metlink (across rail, bus, ferry and total mobility services) and every one of those journeys matters to us. Our role to plan, develop, promote and deliver public transport services and supporting infrastructure in the Wellington region. Our goal is to be more than just a public transport service, we want to be a symbol of pride for the Wellington region, an integral part of what makes living in our region great. The Metlink team knows that to reach our goals we need to continue to build on our strong desire to go the extra mile for our customers and a commitment to continual improvement.
The Metlink Assets and Infrastructure team is accountable for the asset and infrastructure strategies, investment planning, and the capital and operational expenditure. This includes the ownership of key maintenance contracts and the delivery of capital and maintenance works.
The Rail Network Delivery Lead plays a key role in delivering strategic business outcomes that underpin and enhance Metlink operational performance and the customer service experience, by managing, coordinating and overseeing the outcomes of the maintenance, renewal and improvement activities undertaken by KiwiRail on the rail infrastructure network.
You will develop productive and collaborative stakeholder relationships with Metlink/GW partners, providing a consistent and active conduit between KiwiRail, Waka Kotahi, other agencies, and GW/Metlink business units, in respect of the Rail Network programme of work. You will possess the ability to understand that while these parties will have differing views and approaches, they can find mutually beneficial ways forward, and you will have the strength of character to drive to these outcomes.
There will be an active role in the governance groups for key rail network initiatives to ensure there is appropriate emphasis placed on strategic goals throughout the asset management lifecycle, while proactively ensuring risks are identified, assessed, and mitigated in a manner that considers the works programme in the context of the GW goals and objectives
In this unique role, blending technical rail network infrastructure knowledge and experience with superior stakeholder engagement, the other skills you will ideally possess include:
- An appropriate technical qualification (Bachelor of Engineering or similar) and/or demonstrable experience in the transport sector with emphasis on rail.
- Demonstrable track record in project management and/or programme management, in particular, can integrate multiple works into effective programmes.
- Demonstrable track record in orchestrating delivery of key business outcomes and understanding the ‘big picture’ and wider context.
- Ability to think strategically and have a demonstrable knowledge of management systems thinking.
- Experience of successfully engaging with executive level and senior stakeholders and fostering productive and trusted relationships at all organisational levels.
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement skills combined with innate political savvy and a confident and strong presence.
- Good financial grounding with strong commercial acumen and associated documentation skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills and demonstrably high degree of resilience.
For further information in strictest confidence, please email your CV to email@example.com or contact Tony Walsh on 029 2711101, or Graeme Sandri on 029 2488502 quoting reference No. 3260894