- Key leadership role, of people and programme.
- Strategic relationship responsibilities
- Enormously significant and complex programme of work, delivering for the greater regional community
The LNIRIM (Lower North Island Rail Integrated Mobility) programme, and this role, will shape the future of Public Transport for the Lower North Island, delivering tangible benefits, including reduced emissions, enhanced regional connectivity, and improved transport network resilience.
About the Role:
As Programme Director, you’ll be part of the client-side team delivering the multi-agency LNIRIM programme. This programme will procure a new low-carbon long-distance rail passenger fleet and supporting infrastructure, ultimately improving rail services on the Manawatu and Wairarapa Lines.
As a senior leader, you’ll take an organisational and programmatic perspective, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, making sound business decisions, and leading and managing people.
- Implement, maintain, and review the programme’s overall delivery in terms of outcomes, costs, risks, and timelines.
- Keep key stakeholders, external and internal, regularly updated to facilitate timely decision-making through fostering long-term, collaborative relationships and stakeholder engagement plans with those key partners and stakeholders. These stakeholders include Horizon’s Regional Council, funding providers, mana whenua partners, rail network access providers, operators, local communities, and customer advocacy groups.
- Ensure effective collaboration among your team, other Metlink teams, and GW.
- Develop and implement effective frameworks and methodologies that maximise the new assets, complementary to the existing operational structures
Qualifications and Experience:
- Leadership skills that empower, motivate, and encourage staff.
- Experience in building strategic relationships, utilising superior communication skills to engender confidence, through to the most senior levels, across political, governmental and commercial partners.
- Strong project management and governance expertise, including planning, budgeting, and risk management. Your “risk radar” will be finely tuned.
- Ability to lead strategic thinking and navigate political topics and ambiguity, while delivering pragmatic solutions
- Over 10 years of senior-level experience with significant programme or project management exposure.
- Ideally, experience in the procurement and delivery of rolling stock operations, maintenance, design, and manufacture would be advantageous. However, having had significant programme and/or leadership roles across infrastructure assets should bring the relevant skills we seek.
- Demonstrated leadership of complex programmes (> $100 million) across various specialist areas.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification.
Here is your opportunity to play a central role in a transformative programme that enhances public transport, addresses climate change, and promotes regional prosperity.
Greater Wellington values diversity and is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds and welcome the unique talent and experience you will bring to our team.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on Greater Wellingtons behalf. To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com quoting reference 3694847
Alternatively, to find out more contact Tony Walsh on 029 271 1101.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close, 29th September 2023