- Substantial, far-reaching and influential new position
- Visionary and connected leadership in a change environment
- Working with the Council, mana whenua and our community to continue to build an extraordinary region – thriving, connected and resilient
- Making a difference to our environment
Wonderful opportunity for an outstanding leader with proven experience in promoting and implementing a strategic, cross-functional, systems wide approach that effectively delivers to the needs of the communities the Council serves.
Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC) operates as the region’s environmental agency. The newly formed Environment Group is accountable for the delivery of critical functions that will only continue to grow in significance, responsible for overall environmental management (protection and enhancement of biodiversity, water, land and air quality).
GWRC promotes Quality for Life by ensuring our environment is protected while meeting the economic, cultural and social needs of the community.
While playing a key role in the organisation’s change programme, your core responsibility is the overall leadership of this newly formed Group, preparing it for identified changes, including:
- Environment legislation and policy reforms
- Effective partnerships with mana whenua
- Delivering environmental outcomes in a complex, changing system
Applicants will demonstrate:
- A reputation for visionary leadership, effectively managing change/transformation that, through evidence based decision making, enhances cohesive and impactful delivery on all fronts
- Ability to develop genuine partnerships with mana whenua, ensuring core involvement in strategy, planning and delivery
- Ability to lead substantially more effective and efficient engagement processes, with all communities, than is in place presently
- A background related to transformational change and environmental management/science is strongly preferred
- An understanding of the challenges of working in a political environment and ability to deliver results within the political, legislative and regulatory frameworks that apply to local government
Here is your chance to make a real and significant difference, organisationally, environmentally and for the enormously diverse range of representative communities.
For further information in strictest confidence, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tony Walsh on 029 2711101, or Graeme Sandri on 029 2488502 quoting reference No. 3298376.
Applications close 31st August 2021.