- Key planning/advisory role
- National/Regional engagement
Fish & Game New Zealand manages, maintains and enhances sports fish and game birds and their habitats in the best long-term interests of present and future generations of anglers and hunters. Fish & Game New Zealand is looking for an Environmental Planner to support the NZ Fish and Game Council and coordinate with the geographically dispersed Regional Fish and Game Councils.
You must have a real connection with environmental challenges, recognising the positive part that Fish & Game NZ plays across those. Your role is central with key responsibility for the internal/national natural resource planning. As a result, you will take a lead in the national planning processes.
Specific areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Supporting the Council with statutory planning processes. This will include the RMA, and whatever form it evolves into.
- Evidence of having undertaken a similar role. As a subject matter expert, you will be called upon to build cases and have the capability and confidence to support your evidence.
- Providing active support and co-ordination to Fish & Game regions engaging in regional planning processes
- Developing a strategy to co-ordinate regional resource management activity which complements a national advocacy strategy
Your background will most likely include environmental planning or time spent in environmental law.
With a small, highly dedicated team, you must enjoy taking personal responsibility in driving outcomes; be a genuine contributor; possess superior communication and engagement skills as connection with the Regions is absolutely critical; and enjoy the challenge of operating in a change environment.
For further information in strict confidence, please email your CV with Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref 3550514 or contact Tony Walsh on 029 271-1101 or Suzannah Moller on 021 706176.