- Key planning/advisory role
- National/Regional engagement
- Wellington based
Fish & Game New Zealand manages, maintains and enhances sports fish and game birds and their habitats in the best long-term interests of present and future generations of anglers and hunters. Fish & Game New Zealand is looking for an Environmental Advisor to support the NZ Fish and Game Council and coordinate with the 12 regional Fish and Game Councils.
You must have a real connection with environmental challenges, recognising the positive part that Fish & Game NZ plays across those.
Specific areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Supporting the Council to advocate generally and in any statutory planning process.
- Providing active support and co-ordination to Fish & Game regions engaging in regional planning processes
- Developing a strategy to co-ordinate regional resource management activity which complements a national advocacy strategy
- Case management of resource management cases that receive funding from the NZ Fish & Game Council legal fund
Your background will most likely include environmental planning or time spent in environmental law.
With a small, highly dedicated team, you must enjoy taking personal responsibility in driving outcomes; be a genuine contributor; possess superior communication and engagement skills as connection with the Regions is absolutely critical; and enjoy the challenge of operating in a change environment.
For further information in strict confidence, please email your CV with Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref.3293727 or contact Tony Walsh on 029 271-1101 or Suzannah Moller on 021 029 248 8502.