The opportunity to play a key role influencing the future of a values based organisation that represents a large and diverse community with a wide variety of committed and passionate “stakeholder” groups across the wider Wellington region.
You will utilise your well-honed leadership skills and commercial acumen in a key role, as part of the Archdiocese Executive Management team.
The organisation is led by a highly engaged and passionate leadership group, and staff, with a strong commitment to the viable future of the organisation and those it serves/represents.
While your strong background in accounting to Financial Controller or similar level will ensure an inherent ability to measure risk, you will be expected to possess a proactive approach, using your skills to develop the financial, and broader frameworks, that will assist in the assessment and realisation of potential, and implementation of a number of key programmes, and the effective financial management and reporting for several incorporated bodies.
Other critical experience includes:
- Proven development and leadership of the finance and accounting team to the delivery of outcomes, and positive engagement and contributions across the organisation at all levels, is non-negotiable.
- Experience in a senior leadership role that will include a high level of engagement with, and reporting to, a Board, in particular, the technical strength to present confidently and accurately to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- A background in making major contribution in unison with the General Manager of the Archdiocese. This will include well-honed relationship management skills in order to connect with, and advise, a broad array of stakeholder groups.
- Experience in overseeing property related projects would be advantageous as there is a significant property development at the Catholic Centre, the epispiritual centre of the Archdiocese and the Church’s regional management and administration functions.
- CA or equivalent qualification is required.
- Experience in the NFP/NGO sector and/or evidence of alignment with operating in a values driven entity would beeb advantageous.
There are some exciting challenges that you will be at the centre of, including redeveloping and leading what is a well-functioning finance team.
Please email your CV in strictest confidence to Tony Walsh at email@example.com (029 271 1101) or Graeme Sandri at firstname.lastname@example.org (029 248 8502), quoting ref 3548050.