- You are a delivery focused, “get things done” support person
- Collaborative and progressive office culture
- Supporting the business to function optimally
Protecting natural resources has never been more important.
Fishserve is dedicated to delivering our vision to ‘Support fishers to feed the world for generations to come’ – Ka tautoko i ngā kaihao te whāngai i te ao hei ngā reanga haere ake nei.
Fishserve is a small, agile, products and services company where everyone is encouraged to contribute to what they do and how they do it.
They hold a genuinely critical, unique and central role in the commercial fishing industry, delivering statutory reporting and information services that provide data-driven solutions to support the sustainability of Aotearoa/New Zealand Fisheries.
We are a small agile company and as such this role encompasses corporate compliance, HR, Heath and Safety, office management and exec support to the CE and the Board to ensure the smooth running of our business.
This is a critical role in creating an environment where people want to work and contribute.
As a “sleeves rolled up” person, you will achieve this through delivering superior levels of corporate support across the organisation. You will intimately understand good corporate governance, and have demonstrated experience in the delivery of broad business support functions.
An important function is the revision of policies and procedures for the organisation to align with the new strategy and operationalising the Privacy and Health and Safety functions.
You will provide CEO and Board Support functions; Human Resource support to senior management and staff (including recruitment and induction); Staff Insurances; Tender Management; and be the key liaison point for the various sub-tenants who share the impressive, modern work environment.
Your experience to date will ideally be within the private sector and/or a commercially focused environment.
- Our client seeks a pragmatic, delivery focused, self-starting and people centric individual who will “hit the ground running”.
- You will be a team player, respecting the views of others, and possess a flexible and contributory approach to developmental and problem solving scenarios.
- Strong computer literacy is essential, ideally exposure to SharePoint
- Understanding of te ao Māori would be advantageous, or at the least, a commitment to developing such.
With an organisation that is absolutely committed to a continuous improvement mantra, and already invested in key technology improvements, here lies your opportunity to make a tangible difference to not only the organisation, but a sector that is vitally important to Aotearoa/New Zealand.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please email your CV in strictest confidence to Tony Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org (029 271 1101) or Graeme Sandri at email@example.com (029 248 8502) or quoting ref 3697678.
Applications close 25th October 2023.