- Critical role, strategic & tactical
- Leadership skills crucial
- Auckland or Wellington based
Summerset is an established and successful retirement village operator that is recognised as one of the best in its sector with more than $300m of development activity under construction across New Zealand and Australia and with a significant pipeline of future development activity..
Reporting directly to the General Manager Construction, people leadership is at the core of this role. With an ever growing number of major developments, there is pressure across the team on an ongoing basis, so this person must know how to effectively manage that, prioritise, and best utilise the capabilities of the team on an ongoing and ever changing basis. While having a natural capacity to connect and role their sleeves up as required, they must not lose sight of the fact that their role is to be “over” the business, and so must not get “stuck in the detail” or they will rapidly lose control of what is happening/required across the portfolio.
Everything in this environment happens at real pace, so they must embrace that. Aligned to this is the fact that they must have genuine resilience, operating in a dynamic and demanding environment. This is a large corporate entity, so the appointee must be comfortable operating effectively in such, and will ideally have come from the same
In addition to strong leadership and technical skills, we are also looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills. The ability to work closely with very different groups at all levels, including procurement, commercial development, project management design, finance, production, sales and operations is required. You will be confident presenting to the CEO and Executive Management Team.
- You will be a/the key interface with the Design team and add value wherever possible to that function. This is an ever evolving area so they must have broad shoulders to lead the changes emanating from that area.
- Summerset maintains the model whereby it is the main contractor for all developments. As a result, there is a significant role in the management of contractors and sub-contractors.
- The appointee must innately understand risk and alongside the Head of Procurement, show the “smarts/capacity” to front-foot that aspect, including the development and implementation of a wide and ongoing variety of supply agreements
- Ideally, you will have an understanding of bank funding requirements and the tendering processes linked to such, which are many and varied, so the ability to effectively keep multiple “balls in the air” is required.
- Sound project management skills with a delivery focus around time, cost and quality
If you can tick all of the above and are an excellent communicator, with consultative selling skills and the gravitas to build credible peer relationships with senior decision makers then this could be your next role. It is a tremendous opportunity to stamp your mark and implement a “value add” approach to this central part of the Summerset structure.
For further information in strict confidence, please contact email your CV to email@example.com or contact Tony Walsh on 029 271 1101, quoting ref. 3252370.
Applications close 4th May 2021