Chief Executive – New Zealand Institute of Primary Industry Management (NZIPIM)
- Critical role
- Primary sector experience beneficial
- Wellington based
The New Zealand Institute of Primary Industry Management (NZIPIM) is the national professional membership organisation representing the interests of approximately 1,100 members from a diverse range of rural professionals operating within the New Zealand primary industry. It is recognized as the leading professional body for rural professional standards, qualifications, and ethics, and works with government, industry, and other groups to promote its standards and views. The Institute is represented by 10 branches throughout the country.
New Zealand’s vital primary sector operates in an increasingly complex and dynamic landscape that reflects the global opportunity for high-quality, sustainably produced products. With farmers and growers adapting to new paradigms in environmental, social and innovation management, the need for advice and support is high. The CEO will be responsible for leading the organisation that equips rural professionals with knowledge and connections to support their provision of high-quality services to the sector.
Reporting directly to the Board the CEO will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of the business with a key focus on growing and delivering value to the existing membership base. Equally important will be their ability to retain a full understanding of both existing and pending Government policy and legislation and its impacts on rural professionals and their clients in this highly topical sector.
As a proven Chief Executive, or General Manager of a complex entity, with a background in the not-for-profit or membership-based sectors, you will bring a combination of skills and experiences that may include (but are not limited to):
- Significant commercial knowledge with an ability to identify and achieve efficiencies in the operational performance of a business with the view of optimising growth.
- Strong stakeholder management and excellent communication skills, alongside an inherent passion for quality service delivery.
- Proven staff leadership and management experience with an ability to support a geographically dispersed team.
- Thought leadership and the ability to initiate and deliver ongoing education/professional development events and courses for Members both in person and virtually.
- Maintaining strong technical support and sufficient exposure to changes in legislation and its potential impact on the primary sector will be vital.
- Well established network within the Primary sector.
This is a rare opportunity to represent a professional Membership body in arguably New Zealand’s most important industry sector. This is your chance to play a part in addressing some of the most challenging issues facing the Nation’s primary sector. NZIPIM is in very good shape, is very well respected and is well positioned to grow.
For further information and in strict confidence, please contact Tim Rosenberg on 029 2732 264, or apply now enclosing your CV with a Cover Letter quoting reference number 3336012. Closing date for applications 5pm Wednesday 17 November 2021.
Due to current border restrictions from the New Zealand government we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are a New Zealand citizen, resident or already have secured the right to work in New Zealand and hold a valid visa.