- Influential leadership opportunity
- Complex Stakeholder Engagement
- Wellington based
Greyhound Racing New Zealand (GRNZ) is the regulatory and governing authority for the sport of Greyhound racing in New Zealand. GRNZ is an Incorporated Society consisting of ten registered member Greyhound Racing Clubs throughout New Zealand.
The CEO will be responsible for leading the organisation that provides its stakeholders with value-added services and practices that support industry integrity, animal welfare and helps optimise returns ensuring a sustainable future for the industry.
Reporting directly to the Board, the CEO will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of the business with a key focus on leading and delivery on the strategic plan. In addition, you will promote and represent the interests of GRNZ in the racing, governmental and wider communities. Your ability to retain a working understanding of both existing and pending Government policy and legislation, its impacts on the industry, and those involved in it in this highly topical sector, will be vitally important.
As a proven Chief Executive, General Manager, or Senior Executive of a complex entity, with an understanding of a regulated sector, you will bring a combination of skills and experiences that may include (but are not limited to):
- Proven ability to span the commercial and governmental sectors.
- Strong stakeholder management and superior communication skills, alongside an inherent passion for quality service delivery.
- Supporting GRNZ’s passionate and talented team, through providing an empowering environment, and a genuinely customer centric approach.
- Promoting an environment that displays agility /adaptability / continuous improvement in response to emerging trends and disruption.
- Maintaining strong technical support and sufficient exposure to changes in legislation and its potential impact on the industry will be vital.
This role will require inspirational and ‘connected’ leadership that provides the clarity that inspires high-performing teams and fosters cohesion and understanding from a complex group of stakeholders.
This is a challenging, yet enormously rewarding role. You will have the backing of the Board to continue to drive the organisation to deliver outstanding services to its membership base.
Applications close 27th May 2022
For further information and in strict confidence, please contact Graeme Sandri on email@example.com or, 029 248 8502, or apply now enclosing your CV with a Cover Letter quoting reference number 3427943.