- Full utilisation of your mix of political and commercial nous
- Trusted Advisor to the Group Manager
- Superior communicator, managing the “tone” and dissemination of information
Everyday thousands of people travel with Metlink (across rail, bus, ferry, and total mobility services) and every one of those journeys matters to Greater Wellington. Metlink’s role is to plan, develop, promote, and deliver public transport services and support Infrastructure in the Wellington region. Its goal is to be more than just a public transport service, Metlink wants to be a symbol of pride for the Wellington region, an integral part of what makes living in our region great. The Metlink team knows that to reach its goals, it needs to continue to build on a strong desire to go the extra mile for customers and its commitment to continue improvement.
While having a key role in the organization’s change programme, your core responsibility as a senior manager is playing a substantial leadership and contributory role, assisting the Group Manager and your peers in the management team, as they implement and drive the vision, strategy, and outcomes for the Metlink Group.
As Chief Advisor, you will support the Group Manager, and operate as a key member of the leadership team, contributing to thought leadership and high-level advice, working across the Metlink group, and connecting across Greater Wellington, at a strategic level on the GM’s behalf to lift overall performance.
- You will play a key role in ongoing continuous improvement, contributing to strategy and strategy implementation, driving consistency of communication and stakeholder engagement, and managing initiatives to support performance improvement.
- You will manage some initiatives directly and will be responsible for leading and managing a small team supporting the Group Managers to ensure their responsibilities are carried out effectively and efficiently.
Applicants will demonstrate:
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal, interacting at every level across divergent ‘audiences’.
- The gravitas and confidence to interact at Council level, managing and presenting subject matter on behalf of the Group Manager.
- Demonstrated senior experience including advising on strategy, service delivery, business processes, and relationship issues at an executive leadership team level, with the ability to collaborate, engage, and influence others at all levels of an organization.
- Promotion of organization-wide interests, with a successful track record of contributing to implementing change, ideally within complex programs of work and specifically related to ongoing business transformation and the related behaviour/cultural change.
- Able to react quickly to assess situations, synthesize information, and demonstrate sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Systems thinker with the ability to summarise large volumes of information and insights, present high-level reports, and then prioritize and manage, through superior communication skills, a wide range of complex tasks and projects simultaneously. The development of a central repository of easily and universally accessed information will be an expected deliverable.
- Strong continuous improvement focus, ability to identify opportunities for change and skills in supporting and driving change that is aligned with strategic priorities
- An established track record in working with mana whenua, iwi, and/or Māori organizations in delivering on both formal and informal partnerships would be advantageous.
- Some understanding of both strategic and operational issues in relation to the unique role of Metlink as an enterprise with community, local government, political, and commercial stakeholders and motivations
Here is your chance to make a real and significant difference for the large and diverse number of communities across the region who utilize the region’s public transport system.
Greater Wellington values diversity and is committed to an inclusive, flexible, and supportive workplace. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds and welcome the unique talent and experience you will bring to our team.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on Metlink’s behalf. To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference no. 3712451. Alternatively, to find out more contact Tony Walsh at 029 271 1101 or Graeme Sandri at 029 248 8502.
Applications close 24th November 2023