- Key role in strategic infrastructure to improve Wellington region economically and socially
- Opportunity to leverage on previous experiences to coach, guide and mentor
- Exciting growth and development opportunity to take team on project maturity journey
Every day we have thousands of people travelling with Metlink (across rail, bus, ferry and total mobility services) and every one of those journeys matters to us. Our role to plan, develop, promote and deliver public transport services and supporting infrastructure in the Wellington region. Our goal is to be more than just a public transport service, we want to be a symbol of pride for the Wellington region, an integral part of what makes living in our region great. The Metlink team knows that to reach our goals we need to continue to build on our strong desire to go the extra mile for our customers and a commitment to continual improvement.
The Assets and Infrastructure team is accountable for the fleet strategies, investment planning for the fleet, and the capital and operational expenditure. This includes the ownership of key maintenance contracts and the delivery of capital and maintenance works.
As the Business Programme Delivery Lead you will be responsible for delivery oversight, underpinned by effective project/programme delivery structures that you will develop and refine. This role provides an exciting opportunity to use your strong delivery experience to support and influence a wide range of infrastructure programmes and projects. Many of these projects are business-critical to both Metlink operations and the customer experience. Your role is to assist and enable others from across the organisation to achieve those integrated outcomes, and to hold them to account for delivery in their areas of responsibility. Superior communication and engagement skills will be required, with real determination to drive delivery, but in a way that takes others along and provides them with direction, not directing them per se.
Pragmatism and the power to influence will be crucial to your success. Your leadership and advisory skills will combine with your ability to build rapport with an enthusiastic team, to coach, guide and mentor them on their various projects and initiatives. Building on current project framework and capability foundations, you will chart a development journey to support the organisation’s goals and aspirations.
Working closely with Metlink/GW partners on quality standards and practices, you will build strong and collaborative relationships with Metlink/GW finance, investment and procurement teams in the pursuit of the above. As a new member of the Assets and Infrastructure leadership team, you will inspire confidence across the organisation in our delivery capability and will be a catalyst for change in this area.
Ideally, you will possess the following experience:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification
- Recognised project management and/or programme management qualifications (PRINCE2®, PMP ®, MSP® or equivalent)
- Demonstrable track record in orchestrating delivery of key business outcomes and understanding the ‘big picture’ and wider context
- Ability to think strategically and have a demonstrable knowledge of management systems thinking.
- Experience of successfully engaging with executive level and senior stakeholders and fostering productive and trusted relationships
- Proven experience of implementing quality practices and process development and improvement
- Good financial grounding with strong commercial acumen and associated documentation skills
- Experience in Asset Management, preferable but not mandatory
- Knowledge and experience in local government is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including delivering presentations and writing reports
For further information in strictest confidence, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tony Walsh on 029 2711101, or Graeme Sandri on 029 2488502 quoting reference No. 3260895
Applications close 14th June 2021