Rare opening and great opportunity to bring your technical skills into play with one of New Zealand’s leading listed property companies.
- Critical role with plenty of variety
- Excellent forward thinking company
- Auckland based
Argosy is one of New Zealand’s largest commercial landlords. It owns a diversified portfolio worth over $2 billion across industrial, office and large format retail investment property.
Argosy are now looking to engage a Building Services Engineer who will assist in the ongoing management and development of their high quality property portfolio.
As one of two Building Services Managers you will be reporting directly through to Head of Property Services and will be working closely with the existing Asset and Property Management team. In this role, you will play a key part in ensuring optimal performance of the individual buildings that make up the existing portfolio.
To be successful in the role you will have a strong technical, or engineering background in building services management. You will be well-organised with an ability to manage and prioritise tasks, be a great problem solver and have excellent stakeholder management skills. No two days will be the same in this role so you need to be up for the challenge of a wide and varied workload.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Ongoing delivery of an excellent building services management regime
- Implementation of best practice operating initiatives across the portfolio with emphasis on energy efficiency and sustainability
- Maintenance of a cohesive partnership between the company and its contractors
- Troubleshooting and resolving building systems and/or operational issues
- Project management of all reactive, planned and preventive repair projects
- Assisting in the assessment and appointment of building service contracts
- Undertaking regular inspections to ensure full compliance with the Building Act 2004 and the company’s own standards of building presentation
- Ensuring best practice health and safety compliance on all sites
To be considered you will have:
- A strong technical knowledge of all building services
- Experience managing projects and contracts
- Excellent customer-centric stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Superb ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- A relevant technical qualification
Argosy prides itself on its team spirit which is evident in their great workplace culture.
If you want to be part of a highly successful organisation with a focus on the environment and sustainability, then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this specific role quoting reference number 3265855.
For further information in strict confidence, please contact Nicole Walkinshaw on 021 0278 3856 or Tim Rosenberg on 029 273 2264.
Due to current border restrictions from the New Zealand government we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are a New Zealand citizen, resident or already have secured the right to work in New Zealand and hold a valid visa.